March 21, 2020
Dear Paso Robles Chamber Members,
As of Thursday, March 19th at 5pm San Luis Obispo County has mandated a shelter at home ordinance until April 17th at 12:01pm. Nonessential services are required to work from home if possible, please read the full ordinance for additional information.
Failure to comply with the ordinance could result in a misdemeanor.
If you have questions as to your businesses’ essential status the County has a hotline for all COVID-19 related inquires at (805) 543-2444. Visit readyslo.org for constant local updates.
The Chamber is complying with the ordinance by working from home. We will be checking our voicemails and emails periodically and are continuing our essential operations during this time.
Working from home can be an inconvenience but many online services make it easy to stay connected with your team and continue operations. Here is some guidance for businesses required to work from home.
Connecting with your team:
- There are many services that allow communication and collaboration on projects remotely. We are utilizing Slack but any will work.
Work from home etiquette and strategies:
- Try to keep a routine and adhere to normal work hours
- Avoid sending too many emails or messages after normal business hours
- Schedule daily virtual staff meetings to keep everyone on the same page and encourage staff to give regular status reports.
- Create a designated workspace
Keeping up morale:
- Create an unrelated group chat to share funny stories, pictures, and other unrelated content. This really helps to keep up the social connections and camaraderie normally found in the office.
- Encourage staff to periodically get up and walk around outside their home. Even a small break can do wonders to heighten morale and focus.
For more information on working for home here are a few articles with more suggestions.
Visit PasoStrong.org for ways to support local small businesses.
Thank you all so much for your patience and grace during this trying time. The Chamber will continue to provide resources and information for our members as the situation evolves.
Together we are #PasoStrong.
Gina Fitzpatrick and The Paso Robles Chamber of Commerce Team
1225 Park Street | Paso Robles, CA 93446